ultra-thin, ultra-light, flexible low-ESR
SuperXcaps give you design options
unavailable with hard-case supercapacitors.
OptiXtal supercaps can support loads exceeding
1000 milliamps per square inch.
They are also easily configurable in
series or in parallel, can be used in conjunction
with batteries, or can be used as a solo
power source in situations where the active duty cycle is less than 0.01%, as in the case of many
wireless sensor nodes and networks.
What’s the difference between
OptiXtal and the competition?
- Best in class energy density ratio: OptiXtal
Supercaps provide 15 kilowatts per liter
or 18.25 joules per square inch.
- Unique form factor: Custom built to your space requirements.Our supercaps will
convert your passive solar panels, and sensors and other devices to active Smart devices.
- Powering Portable Devices Smallest in class supercapacitors with a form factor to match!
Competitors units are rigid, have "unfriendly" form factors, weigh more, and
have lower power density and energy density. Increase battery life. Include our supercaps in your design. No package redesign required.
- Energy harvesting: OptiXtal Supercaps
support energy harvesting from motion,
light, or other sources, enabling an entire
sensing system to be wireless, battery-free and
- SuperXcaps with leakage currents as small as 1 microamps- harvested energy generating currents as
small as 2 microamps can be used to trickle charge supercaps to, for example, trasmit a signal as far away as 0.5-1.0 mile!
- Excellent Self-discharge voltage characteristics:
OptiXtal Supercaps can double the running
time between charges and offer an ESR
(DC) of 70 mΩ on the 5F, and 20 mΩ
on the 25F.See "OptiXtal Product Data" below for details on other sizes and voltages.